Thyrosit (Levothyroxine) to treat underactive thyroid gland
|Drug Name||Thyrosit 100 mcg|
|Shipping time||7-14 days|
|Active ingredient||L-thyroxine Sodium|
Uses and indication
Certain types of goiters and low thyroid hormone levels are treated with thyrosit Levothyroxine.
For the treatment of some forms of thyroid cancer, it is also used in conjunction with surgery and other medications. A thyroid hormone is called thyrosit.
When your body cannot produce enough thyroid hormone, it works by replacing it.
How to take Thyrosit
- As your doctor has prescribed, use Thyrosit.
- Thyrosit should be consumed orally on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes to an hour before breakfast.
- Within 4 hours of taking Thyrosit, avoid taking an antacid or anything with iron or calcium.
- You can crush the appropriate dosage of the medication if the patient is a child or if you cannot swallow the tablet whole.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) of water should be added to the crushed medication.
- Mix well.
- Give the medication as soon as possible using a spoon or dropper.
- Don’t save the mixture to use later.
- Formula made from soybeans and crushed tablets should not be combined.
If you have any inquiries, talk to your pharmacist.
- It is best to take thyrosit at the same time each day for it to work.
- Taking Thyrosit is still necessary even if you feel fine.
Never skip a dose.
- Before you start noticing an improvement in your symptoms, it might take a few weeks.
- After consulting, your doctor can continue taking Thyrosit or modify your dosage.
- Take Thyroid as soon as you remember if you miss a dose.
- Skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule if your following amount is almost due.
- Any queries regarding the use of Thyrosit should be directed to your healthcare provider.
Tell your doctor about all of the drugs, herbal remedies, and dietary supplements you take, especially calcium carbonate (Oystercal, Caltrate, Citracal), sodium polystyrene sulfonate (Kayexalate, Kionex), ferrous sulfate iron supplement, sucralfate (Carafate), aluminum-containing antacids (Rulox, Tums, Maalox, Mylanta, Riopan, Amphojel.
Can you lose weight from levothyroxine?
Levothyroxine typically results in some weight loss.
According to the American Thyroid Association, taking this medication could lose up to 10% of your body weight.
Since hypothyroidism causes you to retain water, most of this weight is water.
A drug called levothyroxine is used to treat hypothyroidism.
15-180 mg daily.
It should be taken on an empty stomach.
Cardiac disease, Hypertension, diabetes.
Do NOT use Thyrosit if:
- you are allergic to Levothyroxine sodium
- you have specific untreated adrenal gland problems or untreated high thyroid hormone levels
Other Brand Names: Thyrosit, Thiroyd tabs, Armour Thyroid, and Bio-Throid